Thursday, December 29, 2005

What TV do I buy?


Laddies, I am in the market for a nice TV. What's the consensus these days? Plasma? LCD? DLP? I have done a little research and am now thoroughly confused.

Plasma's lifespans are unknown, and they burn images onto their screen at times. LCD's have lamps burn out. DLP's have some other problem, I guess.

I want something in the range of 42" or a little larger, flat panel, HD ready, and kick-ass to watch. I will head to the retailer soon (advice on where?) to peruse the selection but wanted a little more insight. Thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

LCDs are nice, Plasmas are a little cheaper, and DLPs are nice and cheap. If you're not going to hang it on the wall, the best bang for the buck is the DLP -- Samsung makes a great set. The current models are the HLR series. The first two digits give you the size (diagonal) and the next two give you the "class" of set. The higher number the better...

You probably don't need the 1080p sets as there is very little content that is 1080p and there won't be much for a few years. Save the dough now and get a 720p set -- it'll be cheaper. You may want to also check into HD via sattelite or cable as well as a better DVD player that has either a DVI out or an HDMI out...

I hope I confused you more. Call me with questions as I am really not doing anything at work..

12/31/2005 06:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home