Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Never too old to shotgun



When was the last time you shotgun-ed a beer? I can't really remember but it certainly marked my precipitous decline in fratitude.

Why did you stop?

Maybe it's just because nobody looks (or smells) cool doused in canned beer.

Or maybe people don't shotgun as they get older because they need accouterments - a snifter for brandy, a stem glass for wine - to disguise the fact that they still only drink to get drunk.

That barrier has now been removed by the Shotgun Beer Opener. Imagine the envy of your friends when you bust this out at your next company picnic.

Booyah!




2 Comments:

Blogger Whitney said...

I shotgunned a beer a few years ago at the Homecoming golf tourney. Elmo and Weaver were giving McWhinney and me one stroke for every beer we finished on the course. It was a "shotgun start" tournament, so we were clever and shotgunned two beers in the first tee box. We finished 27 beers collectively to win by one stroke. Great Moments in Golf and Alcoholism History.

11/10/2005 02:41:00 PM  
Blogger Juan Carlos said...

Tim,

Actually, I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing. I remember being drunk, and I remember remebering that adding an extra air hole in a beer can will increase beer flow.

I didn't have a can opener to pop a hole in the top opposite the pre-cut one, so I decided to jam my key in it.

I found out it was not as easy to pierce the thicker aluminum on the rop of the can as it is the sides.

I spilled beer all over myself and the floor.

And yes, I felt a little dumb, but I don't think I was trying to shotgun.

11/11/2005 11:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home